There will be steep mountains to climb and deep valleys to overcome before we see Heaven.
Shiloh exists by the grace of God for the glory of God, which shall be the ultimate purpose in all its activities. Shiloh glorifies God by loving Him and obeying His commandments.
MISSION & VISION
The mission and vision for Shiloh Baptist Church is encompassed in what is called PTR Ministries.
Mission Statement: To present the gospel of Christ through the ministry of Preaching, Teaching, and Reaching the unsaved and saved for the purpose of building the Kingdom of God and preparing believers to live Godly lives at home, in the local church, and community.
Vision Statement: The vision is encompassed in what is called PTR Ministries. The vision is to present the gospel of Christ through the ministry of Preaching, Teaching, and Reaching the saved and unsaved for the purpose of Kingdom Building and preparing believers to live Godly lives at home, in the local church, and community.
It is our vision to Preach the word of God. Preaching is used to motivate the saved, unsaved, and backslidden to come to Christ, (I Corinthian 1:18:21). T represents Teaching the word of God. Through educational ministries, our knowledge of God's word and those who will become a part of the (local congregation) or church will increase in knowledge of God's word. II Timothy 2:5 encourages us to " show ourselves approved unto God, not being ashamed, but rightly dividing the word of Truth." R represents Reaching, which is the demonstration of God's word through appropriate ministries that are designed to meet the needs of those within the church and local community. It is through "reaching" that we fulfill the Great Commission outlined in Matthew 28:19 , which states: "Go ye therefore into all the world teaching, preaching, and baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ." It is through the Power of God that individual lives, families, and communities will be changed for the better and strengthened.
In order to accomplish the goals of PTR, we must be willing to do what the Apostle Paul suggested in II Timothy 2:21, "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet the Master's use and prepared unto every good work." It is through "Good work" that God is glorified.
1. We are committed to equipping Christians through Biblical Preaching from God's word.
2. We are committed to equipping Christians through Biblical Teaching from God's word.
3. We are committed to reliance on prayer for direction, conception, planning and execution of the ministries and activities of this church.
4. We are committed to biblical focused ministry Reaching (outreach/in-reach) where most individual transformation, conversion, and leadership development takes place.
5. We are committed to addressing the spiritual needs of humanity by demonstrating the love of Christ through forgiveness and mercy, which are key factors that will lead toward restoration.
6. We are committed to helping people discover their spiritual gifts that they might use them in the building up of he Body of Christ, the church.
7. We are committed to the ministries of this church being carried out by faith believers. This will be accomplished through training opportunities and through practices that encourage lay initiative, leadership responsibility and fair participation in various ministries in the church.
8. We are committed to receiving direction from the Holy Spirit that enables creativity and innovation. We are more concerned with effectiveness in ministry than with adherence to tradition or efficiency.
9. We are committed to maintaining a high standard of spiritual excellence in all ministries. This will be achieved when every person is exercising his or her God-given spiritual gifts to the best of his or her ability.
10. We believe that life is meant to be given away and that Christianity exists to share Christ with others. We will develop aptitude that encourage numerical growth without compromising in any way our integrity or our commitment to Biblical truth.